Adults have a responsibility to be mindful of any stressful situations or behaviours that could lead to dangerous situations between their children and their pets. The following do's and don't's will help keep everyone safe around their pets.
- Always ask the owner for permission before you pet their dog
- Always let the dog sniff the back of your hand before you pet them
- Always walk your dog with an adult
- Always treat your dog with kindness and respect.
- Never disturb a dog when they're eating or drinking
- Never disturb a dog when they're in bed.
- Never approach a dog who isn't with their owner
- Never tease a dog even if you think its only fun